1) Note that the #4, Pleasant King, in FG's Sunday 6th, while not
previously winning at 1-1/8 on the turf, had put in some monster
efforts at that distance in the past against what looked to be much
stronger company. Also note that the odds are a nice 18-1, and that
"Mr. Longshot" Gerard Melancon is riding.
2) Tell everyone you're with that the #4 is the horse, and, receiving no positive feedback whatsoever, become even more determined to bet that horse.
3) Bet the horse straight, and then make some exactas with him.
4) Watch him win with ease, but a horse you didn't bet come 2nd. Feel real bad that you missed the $328 exacta, especially when it is pointed out that you really should have considered the 2nd place horse, #7 Alce Canadense, a real horse-for-course on the FG turf.
5) Upon walking in to put your betting slip through the machine and at least enjoy the consolation $39 win price, find that somehow you punched #7 in the exacta instead of #6 like you meant to, and watch your voucher bloom.
6) Quit feeling bad, and head for the beer stand.
Another excellent handicapping effort. Thank you.
Mosey on back to the McChump Tour main page or to the 2001 Tour.